Things To Do in Autumn/Winter in Oahu!
Our island is a great place to visit during the fall/winter season with plenty of things happening in Oahu.
Here are a few highlights we recommend if you have plans to visit us for some tropical weather, relaxation and interested in some activities to add to your itinerary!
Things To Do in Autumn/Winter in Oahu:
- Humpback Whale Watching Season (November-April) – Find these gentle giants in the Hawaii waters during their yearly migration season – Hawaii is the only place in the U.S. where humpback whales mate, calve and nurse their young!
- Coffee Farm Tours – A trip to our islands isn’t complete without touring + learning about one of the island’s most unique industries — COFFEE. Did you know that Hawaii is one of two states that can only commercially grow coffee? Perfect for coffee connoisseurs, curious coffee drinkers and a unique experience you can tell your friends & family about!
- Local Cacao/Chocolate Farm Tours – Bean to bar! Tour and learn more about how the entire process of chocolate making from start to end through visiting these family-owned and operated farms to see more about Hawaiian agriculture and farming cacao fruit trees (where chocolate comes from! Hawaii is the only U.S. state which can grow cacao!
- Professional Surfing Competition (Billabong Pipe Masters, Vans Triple Crown, Maui Pro) – Don’t miss these epic and famous surfing competitions that take place here in Oahu on the North Shore every year! Hang out on the beach, watch some amazing + talented surfers catch some crazy waves IRL. It’s a spectacle to see!
- Beach Activities – Escape the cold weather and head to Hawaii where it’s summer all year-long. Dive into beach things such as snorkeling, swimming, sunbathing, canoeing, kayaking, kite-surfing and more!
- Hiking – Nothing beats a tropical hike! Do waterfalls, lush, bamboo forests and ocean view hiking trails tickle your fancy? Discover amazing hiking areas throughout the island for all levels! Some of our local favorites include Koko Crater, Makapuʻu Lighthouse Trail, Lanikai Pillbox, Manoa Falls, Waimea Valley and Diamond Head!
- Traditional Hawaiian Events/Activities – Experience local culture through luaus, Haku lei-making, learn a ukulele, take Hula lessons and enjoy various local events such as farmer’s markets and workshops available throughout the island!