Guest Blog: Tiare Hawaii – Hawaii-Based Handmade Beachwear
Aloha! I’m Jane Hoskins, designer and founder of Tiare Hawaii! Back in 2009, I was at a crossroads and wanted to try something new. I’ve always had a passion for fashion but didn’t see pieces in the world that reflected the spirit and look I wished someone made. That’s when Tiare Hawaii was born, so I dove in and that idea of just letting go and making fun things became the spirit of the brand.
It was all a learning curve but what we learned along the way is that everything’s better when you’re comfortable, happy, and ready for adventure. In 2022, we’ve grown past our dreams and continue to create pieces inspired by travel and our love of Hawaiian culture. Our pieces are artisan made by hand with love. We use traditional processes such as hand stamped batik and our tie dyes are all individually made and have been so fortunate to be able to collaborate with so many amazing friends around the world who share our passions.
There are so many amazing places to go for food and drinks on Oahu. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Breakfast – Surf Lanai at the Royal Hawaiian Resort in Waikiki – Be sure to order the “Pink Palace Pancakes” menu item with macadamia nuts – they are amazing!
- Lunch – Kahuku Farms Cafe in Kahuku on the North Shore – enjoy a healthy and delicious lunch & smoothie outdoors on one of Oahu’s most beautiful farms. Kahuku Farms Cafe allows you to walk around the farm to learn, enjoy, and experience local agriculture.
- Happy Hour – Duke’s Waikiki: pop in for a fun happy hour with live music and amazing ocean views, from there you can jump on a catamaran and enjoy views of Diamond Head.
- Dinner – Lei Lei’s Bar & Grill at Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore for a laid back atmosphere and great food!
- Waimea Bay – The most magical beach on the North Shore with its turquoise waters and white sandy beach. It’s fun for swimming in the summer and has a powerful energy in the winter with its giant world-class waves.
- Lanikai Beach – One of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Go swimming in pristine waters and take in the views of the Nā Mokulua Islands!
- Waimea Valley Botanical Garden – learn about Hawaiian culture as you walk through this beautiful botanical garden. It is a 1.5 mile round trip hike, complete with a 35 foot waterfall with a pool you can swim in!
Boutiques/Places to Shop:
- BikiniBird – this shop in Kailua has you covered for all of your needs from swimwear to dresses and sarongs.
- Haleiwa Surf Boutique – pick up a Tiare Hawaii Dress or some jewelry at this cute boutique in Haleiwa, check out their sister store, The Grom Shop, to shop our “Tiare Hawaii x Kahakai Kids” collaboration styles!
- ALOHA Collection at Moana Surfrider in Waikiki – owned by my best friends, Heather and Rachael. Their Splash-Proof bags are a part of my everyday life. Their lightweight splash proof bags are the perfect travel companion.
- The Tiare flower is my very favorite. It is a Tahitian Gardenia and has the most lovely scent. Our brand name was inspired by this flower.
- Hybrid Hibiscus – I started growing 12 different Hybrid Hibiscus in my garden last year. I get a couple of beautiful blooms a day and it’s always a fun surprise to wake up and see which ones bloomed and what their unique colors look like. We will be introducing a new print Spring 2022 that was inspired by my Hybrid Hibiscus and it’s one of my favorite prints.