As we continue through this unprecedented time of COVID-19, our priority continues to be your safety and ours.
With that said, effective, Thursday, March 26, 2020, Governor David Ige has ordered all persons entering the State of Hawaii to self-quarantine for 14 days or for the duration of their stay in Hawaii, whichever is shorter. Upon arrival, visitors will be required to self-quarantine in their hotel room. Self-quarantined individuals may only leave their designated location for medical emergencies or to seek medical care.
For more information:
Should you have any hotel questions during your stay, please do not hesitate to reach out.
From our ohana to yours……mahalo for your understanding.
Alvida Surpia-Jones, General Manager
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki
May 15, 2020
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki is committed to the safety and well-being of our guests. We are monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19 and have made changes to be a safe haven for anyone who travels.
We want to keep you informed of what we are doing and the changes we are making to keep our staff and guests safe and well looked after.
Our sincerest sympathies go out to all who have been personally impacted by the virus. We know that many more are being impacted with reduced or lost employment.
Our first priority is the safety of our guests and employees. We are taking additional measures and increasing our cleaning protocol to keep the hotel clean and protect everyone, which follows recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- We are making enhanced cleaning protocols more rigorous after guests depart, paying extra attention to high-touch areas/surfaces.
- All staff wear new gloves and frequently wash hands between rooms and guest interaction.
- All public area surfaces, along with frequently touched objects, are disinfected and sanitized with an increased frequency throughout the day to keep the staff, guests and community safe while in operation.
- During peak hours, staff will regularly sanitize handrails and elevator buttons.
- Our staff will not be permitted to come to work if they are sick or have flu-like symptoms.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in lobby area for guests.
- Daily housekeeping service has been changed to an on-request basis.
- We have an enclosed outdoor patio available for guest enjoyment.
- Our hotel has the right to refuse service to any guest who is sick or displays flu-like symptoms.
- Guests are required to wear masks, practice social and physical distancing by standing at least six feet apart from others around the hotel (public spaces, lobby, elevator, hallways and pool area).
Changes to Our Services
Although we wish we could continue business as normal, some of our traditional amenities do not lend themselves to safe operating practices under the current restrictions. Effective immediately, we are making the following changes:
- In place of our breakfast buffet, individually wrapped breakfast items will be available for guests.
Cancellation Policy Updates
As we have a variety of reservation types we are working with each individual guest to come up with a solution to manage future reservations, change requests and cancellations. Please contact us directly if you need assistance with a future booking: firstname.lastname@example.org.