Oahu 2020 Things To Do
Aloha to 2020!
Here’s to a new decade, new experiences and island memories. If you have plans to visit Oahu, here are some events happening on the island to check out, in addition to our weekly and monthly activities and events complimentary for our hotel guests!
Shoreline Hotel Waikiki Activities – weekly + monthly
- Shave Ice Hour – Enjoy shave ice and local island-style popcorn every Tuesday
- Salty & Sweet Treats – Get that quick sugar fix with a variety of candy to choose from and taste our local-style popcorn. Enjoy a salty or sweet treat, on us!
- Pau Hana – Join us for live music and refreshments (and WINE on select days) in the lobby every Wednesday
- The Happy Haku Flower Crown Workshop – Create your own flower crown and wear a piece of Aloha during your stay
- Gazoz Pop-Up – Farm-to-Cup Mixology
- The Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational 2019 – January 2, 2020 – February 29, 2020: The Eddie Aikau Foundation presents The Eddie Aikau Big Wave Invitational 2019 with an all-star line-up and new format. For the 34th annual event, 32 Invitees and 18 Alternates will be invited including nine females. A few of those big wave riders are Billy Kemper, Paige Alms, Jamie O’Brien, and Landon McNamara.
- Waikiki Artfest – January 11, 2020 – January 12, 2020: The Waikiki Artfest held in Kapiolani Park offers our guests the opportunity to enjoy more than 75 Hawaii artists who display their work for sale, to include jewelry of all types, fabric arts, ceramics, photography, fine art, and woodworks. Admission is free.
- Chinese New Year at International Market Place – January 25, 2020: Ring in the Year of the Rat with International Market Place on Saturday, January 25 from 12 to 4 p.m. The Center is celebrating Chinese New Year with family friendly activities, including a free lion dance performance (12 to 2 p.m.) and calligraphy workshop (2 to 4 p.m.). The lion dance will move throughout the Center’s first floor and guests can snap photos and “feed” the lion with complimentary red envelopes.
- POW! WOW! Hawaii 2020 – February 07, 2020 – February 15, 2020: Heading into its 10th year in Hawaii, POW! WOW! is returning to the Kakaako neighborhood — from Ohe St. to Kapiolani Blvd. and Punchbowl to Kamakee St. — to create new murals on multiple walls.
- 26th Annual Honolulu Festival – March 06, 2020 – March 08, 2020: The Honolulu Festival is Hawaii’s premier cultural event, promoting mutual understanding, economic cooperation and ethnic harmony between the people of Hawaii and the Pacific Rim region.
- 18th Annual Waikiki SPAM JAM – April 25, 2020: Celebrating its 18th anniversary, the Waikiki SPAM® JAM Festival will fill Kalakaua Avenue with the sound of sizzling SPAM® from twenty restaurants and see first-hand the many ways SPAM® products can be prepared, live music and entertainment.
To view more events – visit Go Hawaii!